Cold Brew Cacao Recipe
Cold Brew Cacao is one of our favorite beverages for the chocolate connoisseur!
If you're used to using cacao nibs in a smoothie or baked dessert, it might be time to try cold brewing your cacao for a smooth, theobromine-packed beverage that's a great alternative to coffee or tea.
We chose our Nicaraguan cacao nibs for their bright floral aroma with undertones of banana. These nibs make the best cold brew, in our humble opinion.
- Cacao Nibs (8oz)
- Filtered Water
You will need:
- Food processor / coffee grinder
- Sealable container
- Make sure water is filtered & cold or room temperature.
- Place cacao nibs into food processor and pulse grind until course. Nibs should resemble a very course ground coffee texture.
- Place nibs into a sealable container.
- Saturate nibs slowly with water — add about a tenth of the water to allow it to "bloom" or absorb water and release air, before adding the remaining water.
- Seal and let steep for 18 to 24 hours.
- Strain out nibs, pour cold brew into airtight container / pitcher. Store for up to a week!
- DILUTE! Remember: we are making a concentrate. To best enjoy cold brew, use a 1:1 ratio. 1 part cold brew cacao, 1 part water, or whatever your taste buds enjoy most.
- Serve over ice.
- Add your favorite milk or dairy alternative and enjoy this chocolatey beverage!